Saturday, December 20, 2014

12.19.14 Farewell lunch and dinner

Friday we celebrated four people leaving - three doctors and the co-ordinator of the Non-Communicalbe Disease Program. This is a big loss and I will be curious to see how everything falls together.

Lunch was held in Pubic Health and everyone brought something. It was a combination of Christmas party and farewell. Food was good - chicken, pork, taro, macaroni salad, pizza and I made my jello cake (found jello in one store!).

This little girl frequently waits by the road to wave good morning to me. She always catches me off guard as I am not usally looking there and I hear this little voice saying hi or good morning!



Geraldine who will be movng to Guam with her husband Dr. Thane. He has taken a job with the CDC. Her father is a doctor on Yap. I am really going to miss her.


 
 
This is Angie, who adopted my little cutie Bandit. I miss him already. She loves him.



An impromptu Public Health meeting after lunch.



Julie, Chief of Publoic Health and Litia, Nurse Supervisor in Public Health (from Fiji).



And someone forgot to invite the doctors to their farewell!

Then we had a farewell dinner at Trader's Ridge. The food was great and the company was also very good. We had a nice time talking (and me mostly listening) about the "good old days". Dr. Peter was a general surgeon in the Marshall Islands then came back to Yap (he is a native) with his wife Dr. Tarine and worked here for seven years. Now they are going back to the Marshall Islands - where she was born and raised. They met in medical school. She did not make the dinner as there also was something for them in the village.

Dr. Eric, a character unto himself, decked out for the holidays.

 


Dr. Peter. He will be missed very much.



Dr. James, Chief of Medicine and Dr. Thane, who will leave for Guam at the end of January. He has a great position there and he too will be missed.

 

 

Dr. Paul, former Chief of Medicine. He is from Palau originally.






1 comment:

  1. Glad to see this farewell lunch and dinner. Hope everything went good. It reminded me of my farewell party that was arranged by my company at one of LA event venues. They did fabulous preparations and made my day memorable.

    ReplyDelete